Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Leigh’s Offline Blog

I’m writing this on what I’m going to start calling “The Dark Ages Day 5”. You see we are sans phoneline at the moment and that also means sans internet. I didn’t realise quite how much I relied on the internet for entertainment at home! From checking my email, to playing games, getting train times, checking an address and location and posting my blog. Well that last one isn’t really true as I’ve been remiss lately. In fact if I had the internet now I wouldn’t be blogging I’d be playing on World of Warcraft. That game has been described as World of Warcrack and I know what they mean! I was cross when I couldn’t get my fix on Wednesday and slowly coming to terms with the fact that I still can’t play it! Perhaps this is actually a good thing though…when I return to it my contempories may have levelled to such a degree that I have no-one to play with. After all that’s what happened to City of Heroes….

The reason we have no phone is that someone in the street decided it would be a brilliant idea to pull down a load of phone lines and not bother to report it. An engineer came on Thursday to make the street ‘safe’, but since all the cabnle was either looped around the lamppost or coiled in people’s front garden I’m not sure what he did exactly. Apparently a pole team are coming on Monday to have a look. They probably won’t fix it but BT are “very sorry”. Hmmmm!

Now this internet drought wouldn’t be so bad if not for the fact I am desperate to plan my spending as I am about to get paid and for the first time in ages have no outstanding debt to put my wages onto. Also Kath has been little Miss Social and has been out almost all the time I’ve been here. To fill the time I’ve undertaken a number of other activities. I did some washing up, watched some TV, baked a cake, cleaned up a PC so we could take it around to a smelly woman, read a book and played on my DS.

Got the whole afternoon stretching out ahead of me and I don’t know what to do with it. Kath is off to a music group thing so I can’t spend it in her company. Already today I’ve finished a DS game (Mario & Luigi Partners in Time…not as good as the first one but a fine romp nevertheless) and thought about making a cake. The cake might not be such a good idea as we’ve still got half the orange marmalade loaf left from earlier in the week. I suppose I could try and mend my grapefruit marmalade. Its too runny at the moment and I can’t see any reason why I can’t just shove it all back in the pan and try to get a better setting point.

I was going to go and do the weekly food shopping but we did that yesterday. I could go and visit the garden centre for spring garden ideas but with no money I don’t really like browsing. I could go and check out sofas as we might be getting a new one (the springs on my side of the current sofa has finally started to give way). Anyway better go as I hear the front door going and no doubt the lunch needs making….

No comments: