Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Lazy blogger

Again I have managed to go an entire 2 weeks without completing my blog! I don’t know where the time goes…I should fill it in when I get home form work but I find that I have too many other things I want to do instead.

Depending on when I leave this office I have between an hour to an hour and a half to myself before Kath gets home. In this time I have to cook dinner. This is the only thing I HAVE to do. We usually aim to eat at around 18:30 so I need to get cracking when I get home. This may seem like a long time but we tend to only eat stuff cooked form scratch. I’m not a fan of ‘processed food’ to be honest so always try and use fresh ingredients. I find that ready meals always look appetising on the label but end up tasting a bit shit really. Added to which they are absolutely loaded with unnecessary sugar, salt and fat means that they aren’t exactly nutritious either. A normal meal would usually be a stir-fry, pasta and a sauce or couscous. Jacket potatoes (as long as I get home early enough to put them in the oven) are another common meal.

The recent SUDAN 1 dye problem hasn’t affected us too much because of the general lack of processed foods in the house. Although the list does keep getting longer! I can’t believe its in Walkers Worcester Sauce crisps!! Its amazing how many foods have got this illegal dye in them!

The rest of the time is spent checking email and then playing computer games. This is a distinct activity separate from video games. With video games (Gamecube, GBA, DS) I can play them downstairs and be “social”. Kath is happy for me to hog the TV and play them, while she gets on with some reading, cross-stitch or revision.

Computer games means games played on the PC, which is upstairs. This form of entertainment is even more antisocial for Kath. Currently I’m playing in a MMORPG called City of Heroes. This means that I’m actually playing alongside other people in Europe. Not sure how long I’ll want to continue though…CoH like other MMORPGs has a monthly fee. I think I’ll play out my trial period and then reassess.

No comments: