Saturday, April 23, 2005

The digital revolution

I love my digital camera! Its strange that before pictures didn't really seem so important. Now, with digital, I'm always snapping away. I kinda feel lost as Kath has taken away with her to capture the excitement of her weekend in London, yet I wish I had it here so that I could take some photos and show what a good job I made of changing the bed (see blog below). I wonder if someone will be able to read this in years to come? It may be that my family learns about my past via a blog? I certainly think that this has become a habit now and hopefully it'll continue.

The absence of the camera has made me think if we should upgrade and become a 2 (digital) camera family? Already we have 2 cars (although one belongs to my employer), we have 2 telephones and recently we got a second televison. Is it time for a second camera? I was looking at the Nikon Coolpix 4600 which is essentailly an upgrade of the one we already have. It would make things easier memory card and functionality wise, but should I play safe? To be honest its a bit of a moot point at the moment as I don't have £150 to spare but maybe when I get my bonus....

One thing K and I have been looking at is getting involved in the geograph photography project. This project wants to get a photographic record of the country. It looks like our area is pretty poorly represented so perhaps we can do something about that?

No comments: