Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Time to come clean

I must say I've really been enjoying the new Doctor Who!! Now I'm sure some of my friends will express surprise at this, as my annoyance at Doctor Who has been a point of interest over the years.

I am finding the new stories interesting but I must admit that I'm finding Christopher Ecclestone a little tiring. All he seems to do is have an inane grin and folds his arms a lot. Having said that its lots of fun to spot all the semi-famous actors guest starring all over the place! Penelope Wilton (who was great in Shaun of the Dead) cropped up in a two parter this week that we didn't realise was a two parter, imagine Kath's face when the end credits music started in the middle of a cliff hanger (although we didn't know it was a cliff hanger at the time!) The BBC slightly ruined the effect by showing a 'Next time on...' style clip at the end that ruined any suspense of the Doctor being in serious jeopardy. Oh well I guess that's the consequence of a society with the attention span of a. Anyway looking forward to what the rest of the series will bring and then the prospect of a new Doctor in the shape of David Tenant. Kath and I have really enjoyed Casanova which has been on with him in it so hopefully he'll make a good Doctor. (Not sure of the grammar or sense of that last sentance but I can't be arsed to sort it out!)

No comments: