Monday, May 02, 2005

Dedicated follower

When I was much younger I didn't really care for fashion, clothes, shoes etc. I don't know why really. I remember being the last one in class to discover jeans (tracksuit bottoms had been my leg wear of choice up until that point) and moon boots passed me totally by. It may be because my parents dressed me as if I were half of a twin even though I am 3 years older than my brother (although if you ask him its 2 years 9 months and 15 days) , who knows?

But now....well I seem to have a fixation for shoes. I complained at my wife for the amount of shoes she has but it appears I have 8 pairs that I regularly wear plus many others that just come out for special occasions! Now this may not seem like much but for me it is. I spent today trying not to try on shoes in almost every shop I went in (although I don't look great in Dorothy Perkins slingbacks). There are so many nice shoes out there its a shame I won't get to wear them all. I limited myself to the one pair today (Autograph range from M&S) and they are to replace the shoes I got married in. Quite expensive but the last pair lasted for ages and were very comfy and these new ones were very nice.

The shoe buying frenzy was prompted by the 3 weddings we're attending this year. 2 of them were expected and are friends but one is a family wedding and a little controversial. And what's wrong with Saturdays as a wedding day? 2 out of the 3 are on a Friday which is just a pain really.

I seem to have spent my recognition money already and don't really have anything to show for it (besides new shoes and a suit). I m still tempted by a new camera or perhaps a barometer. I need to accept that my garden isn't really big enough for a gas patio heater or a chiminea and stop pining for one!

No comments: