Monday, May 30, 2005

Getting drunk

Now, I don't know if its me but I find that I don't like drinking around my family. Ever since going to university I feel like I'm a different person that myfamily don't really know. This is demonstrated by my parent's misinterpretation of me whenever we meet up and my unwillingness to get pissed around them.

When I was younger I was always the sensible one in the family (and to be honest I still am) and I guess I don't want to offend anyone with my drunken antics. Anyone who knows me now knows that I get incredibly insulting and rude when drunk and I'm not sure what my family would mae of it.

Last night at John's 50th was a bit of a revelation. My nan was...I don't want to say plastered as that will give the wrong impression...but she was VERY merry. To the extent that she forgot my name and birthday! Bridget burnt herself on the oven (although whether that was drink induced I'm not sure) and my mum thought it acceptable to throw white wine in my dad's lap just after someone suggested it was the best way to get rid of the red wine someone else had just spilled there!

Thankfully we didnt have to make the first move to leave as my brother was in attendance and working the next day so he had to leave early. This paved the way for Kath and I to get on the road. Lucy picked probably the rowdiest family get together to be introduced to everyone but she probably had a fairly good filter up given that she was still horrendously hung over form the night before. Her and my brother did the usual effort and persuading me and Kath to get a cat. Kath is very keen but I'm afraid there is no way! Pets and my nose do not mix!

No comments: