Monday, August 28, 2006

La Grand Aventure



Viva La France!

Just spent a great long weekend living it up in Paris to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. I can't believe we've been married so long or that the past few days have flown by so quickly.

By the time work finishd on Thursday I was just tired and not in the right frame of mind for our break. Slowly, through the evening, I got more excited and by the time we went to bed was properly relaxed and looking forward to it.

Clothes and packing, as ever, caused us some degree of stress and we just weren't sure what to take. The miserable weather here and the not too promising 5 day forecast for Paris meant I packed jeans instead of shorts. Halfway walking to the train station with jacket around waist and long sleeves rolled up we realised we might have made a mistake. Fortunately while the weather was nice most of the time, trousers were the right choice as when the clouds came out it was fairly brisk.

K covered what we did on her blog so you can get the specifics there. Paris for me shall be known as the city of tall things to climb. Not that we climbed too many of them in the end. Our massive walk across town from Notre Dame to Arc de Triomphe (due to the metro line being out) was great as we got to see stuff we would have missed but also very tiring. Factor in a climb up the Eiffel Tower and a walk back and we were pooped.

We did mange to go into Fauchon though. It all looked yum and I got a natty new apron as a souvenir.

I must admit though, Paris, along with Brussels has given me something of an enthusiasm to visit some other places. Madrid, Rome, Venice, Florence, Iceland, Athens. There's even talk of Christmas shopping in New York. In the meantime though I just have to remember that there's only 4 more days at work and then we're off to the Lake District for a week!

Oh and FFIV has so far engrossed me for more than 10 minutes and even went so far as giving me a migraine this afternoon because I couldn't put it down. Well they do say the old ones are the best ones....

And we're still waiting for the the bathroom men to visit...

No comments: