Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's been a while...

...so this post might be quite long as I desparately try to cram everything in before having to go and make dinner for K.

Been a bit down to be honest and don't really know what's causing it. Work is OK, money is fine and K is great as usual but I just feel a bit limbo-ish. Hopefully I'll snap out of this fugg and be back to my tip top self soon enough, anyway onto an update!

Decided against buying a wormery and an iPod in the end but did manage to completely sort out the garden and buy the bathroom ready for the man coming soon. Although that was a bit of a nightmare as one B&Q didn't have all of the suite and the other had just the missing bit. Fortunately we got it all for much cheaper than we thought which is just as well as the shower broke last week and we need to get that fixed at the same time.

My birthday is in a few weeks and so the presents have been rolling in already. Mum has been and bought me some shoes (I bought a pair as well) and my stash is slightly embarrasing. Imelda Marcos eat your heart out! I did give 3 pairs away to charity though so hopefully it evens out a bit. Got my presents from Gerry & Becks but won't open them until the day. Well the evening of the day as we'll be away in some exotic foreign location (K's present to me). I don't know where we're going but I'm sure she'll tell me in plenty of time!

I also spent a few days trying to decide whether to book a long weekend for us August bank holiday. This time a surprise for K, can't wait! However this did cause some problems as on Sunday I discovered my passport had expired. 2 years ago!!! OH. MY. GOD. I always thought peopel who didn't keep on top of things like this are complete thickos and now its happened to me!

Anyway, had this afternoon off and pootled down to Peterborough to get it sorted. The RAC lied and it took me 1 and a half hours insteadof 2 and a half so I sat in my car in the multi-storey car park playing Animal Crossing for 45 minutes. The office is very strict about arriving too early and won't let you in until 10 minutes before your appointment. As far as I can tell there are 2 sorts of people in there...the genuine ones who discover that they need a passpot at short notice and are prepared to pay a premium and the losers who can't read fucking forms! Queued for an extra 10 minutes at reception as someone thought they could get a new passport without new pictures and someone else thought they'd be able to take their new passport away that day despite the MASSIVE signs saying that this is only possible if you have your appointment before 12 (this was at 2pm). Went through without a hitch and my new passport is guaranteed to arrive by next thursday which leave another clear week until we go away. Phew!

No comments: