Sunday, July 17, 2005

Book Crossing

I'd heard of this a while back but actually got introduced to it by a friend last night. The idea is simple, mark books you have read and realease them into the wild. Then track their journey across the globe and see where they end up!

Fantastic idea as we have a load of books that we're proably never going to read again that someone else might like the chance too!

So....

Commit random acts of literacy! Read & Release at
http://www.bookcrossing.com/friend/Leighbob

Also a quote worth knowing....

A book is not only a friend, it makes friends for you. When you have possessed a book with mind and spirit, you are enriched. But when you pass it on you are enriched threefold.
Henry Miller
The Books In My Life (1969)

3 comments:

Niles said...

I've been thinking about doing this for ages, but never quite got around to it. Partic since I have a huge great bunch of cheap paperbacks I'm probably never going to feel the need to read again.

Whilst I was away, I dropped off occasional paperbacks in various places. The campsite in Troyes had an English / Dutch / French paperback library so I liberated two books and left two behind.

Several Ibis hotels have bookshelves for this kinda thing, but no bookcrossers there either.

Niles said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leigh said...

Hold that thought and wait for your birthday *wink wink*. I may have bought you something to help ease this process!